Wolf Tooth Components ReMote BellTower
The engineered solution to poorly designed dropper post remotes!
The ReMote BellTower allows Spurcycle Bells to be mounted directly to special Wolf Tooth ReMote handlebar clamps. Close, clean, and clear - and more than a little pleasing to the ear.
For the vast majority of riders, sharing trails is a fact of life. And we love seeing hikers, walkers, equestrians, and other cyclists sharing our love of the outdoors. But how we interact with other trail users reflects not only on us as individuals but on cyclists as a group. Which is why here at Wolf Tooth Components we're huge fans of the trail bell to announce our approach in a friendly, non-confrontational way.
While almost any bell will do the trick, with it's sweet, clear sound and handsome design Spurcycle's US-made bell stands out both on the trail and on the handlebar. They're what we ride, but getting the ringer close enough to the grip while clearing some brake lever clamps can be a little tricky. Which is why we built the ReMote BellTower.
ReMote BellTower Kit:
Standard Action ReMote with the BellTower Clamp plus a Black Spurcycles Bell.
ReMote BellTower Light Action Kit:
Light Action ReMote with the BellTower Clamp plus a Black Spurcycles Bell.
ReMote BellTower 22.2mm Handlebar Clamp:
Standard 22.2mm BellTower handlebar clamp ONLY (no bell included), that can be fitted to your existing remote lever to allow installation of a Spurcycles Bell.
ReMote BellTower 22.2mm Handlebar Clamp plus Spurcycles Bell:
Standard 22.2mm Belltower handlebar clamp & Spurcycles Bell, that can be fitted to your existing remote lever.
About the Wolf Tooth ReMote:
We at Wolf Tooth Components love our dropper seatposts. But while the posts themselves are better now than ever before, their remotes still leave much to be desired. Building on our award-winning ReMount line, the new ReMote solves all common dropper remote complaints in a compact, ergonomic, and sturdy package.
Beginning with a long list of rider and mechanic requests, the Wolf Tooth team set out to address each and every one. From its hassle-free installation to smooth ball bearing action to engineered failure point, the lightweight ReMote leads in every category.
- UpFront cable fixing: The dropper cable is attached at the lever, making setup and adjustment quick and easy. Simply secure cable at seatpost using stock barrel or cable clamp and route to bar for a significant reduction in installation time and frustration.
- Large-diameter ball-bearing pivot: An industry first, the ReMote uses a massive 21mm sealed cartridge bearing for smooth operation and unparalleled modulation.
- Cable-kind clamp: A precision-machined cable path and custom clamping screw with captive washer won’t damage cables like more common set screws. As an added bonus, cables can be cut to length and crimped prior to securing.
- Low-profile lever: The ReMote lever sits close to the bar, minimizing the distance the thumb must be removed from the grip while reducing the likelihood of knee contact in technical terrain and adds a bit of extra length to overcome stiff dropper internals.
- Integrated cable adjustment: The ReMote solidly-mounted barrel adjuster makes on-the-fly adjustments quick and easy while eliminating the rattles caused by common inline cable adjusters.
- Breakaway axle pivot: Crashes are bad- but expensive crashes are worse. That’s why the ReMote features an engineered failure point, allowing the lever to break away from its base in the event of a crash. Replacement axles are inexpensive and readily available using the product options above.
- High-traction lever: A machined surface ensures that control is not lost - even in the worst of conditions.
- Broad compatibility: The ReMote has been tested and is recommended for use with many cable-actuated dropper posts. See the compatibility section below for details.
- Made in the USA: Wherever the capabilities exist, Wolf Tooth is committed to domestic manufacturing. From lever to packaging, 65% or more of each ReMote is made in the USA.
- Made to work specifically with the Spurcycle bells.
- ReMote can be used with and without a Spurcycle bell installed.
- ReMote is NOT compatible with hydraulic dropper posts!
- Works with dropper posts that have the barrel end of the cable at the remote and those that have the barrel end at the post.
- If the barrel is normally at the remote, simply clip the barrel off and the cable will be "pinched" at both the post and the remote (no barrel needed)
- Recommended post compatibility for those that we have tried is below.
Dropper Post Compatibility:
- Material - 6061 T6 Aluminum with Delrin Axle
- The kits include both the BellTower ReMote and a Spurcycle black bell
- ReMote material - 6061 T6 aluminum with Delrin axle
- Light Action version (LA) reduces actuation force by roughly 1/3 vs the standard remote. The lever itself is approximately 10mm longer.
- This is a standard 22.2 mm handlebar clamp that fits flat handlebars (note that the clamp diameter where your shifter and brake are is 22.2mm even on bars that have a 35mm stem clamp diameter.
- Attach with 1 NM max (it doesn't take much!).
- Installation instructions - http://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/pages/remote-installation-instructions
- Colors - Black
- Weight (Not including bell) - Shimano IS-AB - 31g, Shimano IS-II - 33g, SRAM MM - 42g, 22 (hinged clamp) - 36g
- From lever to packaging, 65% or more of each ReMote is made in the USA.
- Material: premium brass and stainless steel
- Finish: Raw or Black DLC
- Dome size: ⌀30mm x 20.5mm
- Weight: 45g
- Origin*: Made in USA
- Install: 2.5mm hex tool required