Wolf Tooth Components ReMote Limited Edition Light Action
The engineered solution to poorly designed dropper post remotes!
The ReMote LA (Light Action) adds another option to our class-leading ReMote line of dropper remotes, solving all common dropper remote complaints in a compact, ergonomic, and sturdy package. The ReMote LA is a longer lever armed version of our current remote that is optimal for dropper posts with a harder pull or for riders that just prefer a really light actuation feel, or who require a lighter actuation due to injury, etc. The LA model reduces the force to actuate a dropper by nearly a third vs the standard ReMote.
We at Wolf Tooth Components love our dropper seatposts. But while the posts themselves are better now than ever before, their remotes still leave much to be desired. Building on our award-winning ReMount line, the new ReMote solves all common dropper remote complaints in a compact, ergonomic, and sturdy package.
Beginning with a long list of rider and mechanic requests, the Wolf Tooth team set out to address each and every one. From its hassle-free installation to smooth ball bearing action to engineered failure point, the lightweight ReMote leads in every category.
- UpFront cable fixing: The dropper cable is attached at the lever, making setup and adjustment quick and easy. Simply secure cable at seatpost using stock barrel or cable clamp and route to bar for a significant reduction in installation time and frustration.
- Large-diameter ball-bearing pivot: An industry first, the ReMote LA uses a massive 21mm sealed cartridge bearing for smooth operation and unparalleled modulation.
- Cable-kind clamp: A precision-machined cable path and custom clamping screw with captive washer won’t damage cables like more common set screws. As an added bonus, cables can be cut to length and crimped prior to securing.
- Low-profile, Light Action lever: The ReMote LA lever sits close to the bar, minimizing the distance the thumb must be removed from the grip while reducing the likelihood of knee contact in technical terrain and adds a bit of extra length to overcome stiff dropper internals.
- Integrated cable adjustment: The ReMote LA’s solidly-mounted barrel adjuster makes on-the-fly adjustments quick and easy while eliminating the rattles caused by common inline cable adjusters.
- Breakaway axle pivot: Crashes are bad- but expensive crashes are worse. That’s why the ReMote features an engineered failure point, allowing the lever to break away from its base in the event of a crash. Replacement axles are inexpensive and readily available here.
- High-traction lever: A machined surface ensures that control is not lost- even in the worst of conditions.
- Broad compatibility: The ReMote LA has been tested and is recommended for use with Thomson, Fox Transfer, RaceFace, Easton, and 9point8 cable-actuated dropper posts.
- Made in the USA: Wherever the capabilities exist, Wolf Tooth is committed to domestic manufacturing. From lever to packaging, 65% or more of each ReMote is made in the USA.
- Compatible with all cable actuated dropper posts.
- ReMote Light Action is NOT compatible with hydraulic dropper posts!
- Mounting and Standard versus Light Action compatibility charts are below.
- Works with dropper posts that have the barrel end of the cable at the remote and those that have the barrel end at the post.
- If your post is not listed in the charts below, measure the pivot center to end of your current lever. If it is greater than 52mm the Light Action will work best. If it is less than 52mm, the Standard ReMote will work best.
- ReMote for Magura is compatible with the 2-bolt clamp SRAM brakes that do not feature Matchmaker X clamps.
- ReMote for Hope is only compatible Tech 3 brakes. There are two generations of Hope Tech 3 brakes. Our ReMote is designed to work with the early model of the Tech 3 brake levers. The newer model of the Tech 3 brakes has a threaded hole and will require some modifications to our ReMote base.
- See product images for a comparison of the Standard ReMote IS-II vs ReMote LA IS-II.
Dropper Post Compatibility:
Mounting Type Compatibility:
- ReMote LA Reduces actuation force by roughly 1/3 vs the standard ReMote. The lever itself is approximately 10mm longer.
- Material - 6061 T6 Aluminum with Delrin Axle
- Mounting Types:
- - ReMote IS-AB for Shimano I-Spec A or B - Includes IS-AB Hardware
- - ReMote IS-AB for Shimano works for some Hope Brakes. See details >HERE< or download the attachment at the bottom of this page..
- - ReMote IS-II for Shimano I-Spec II - Includes IS-II Hardware
- - ReMote MM SRAM/Avid MatchMaker X - Does NOT include the MatchMaker hardware. We sell the MatchMaker X kit separately, as most brakes will have come with them. If you need the matchmaker hardware be sure to add it to your order.
- - ReMote 22.2mm - includes hinged handlebar clamp for 22.2mm handlebars
- - ReMote 31.8 is available for road bikes where the ReMote is mounted next to the stem.
- - ReMote Magura for Magura brakes and some 2-bolt clamp SRAM brakes - Includes Magura hardware
- - ReMote Hope for Tech3 Hope Brakes - Includes Hope hardware (see compatibility above)
- - ReMote IS-EV for Shimano I-Spec EV - Includes IS-EV hardware
- Installation instructions - http://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/pages/remote-installation-instructions
- Colors - Black
- Weight - Shimano IS-AB - 31g, Shimano IS-II - 33g, SRAM MM - 42g, 22 (hinged clamp) - 36g
- From lever to packaging, 65% or more of each ReMote is made in the USA.