PNW Components Loam Dropper Post
The New PNW Loam Post...
We made this post to honour riders’ most adventurous days on the trail. From the quadzilla climbs to the serpentine descents, the Loam Dropper capitalizes on PNW’s best-in-class reliability in our shortest, lightest, and most customizable package yet.
UPGRADED TRAVEL PLANS
By shortening the overall post and adding 25mm of Tool-Less Travel Adjust we’ve guaranteed you more drop across a wider variety of frame designs, sizes and body types. This means more distraction free descents with less awkward high fives from your saddle when the trail gets rowdy.
Slow and controlled or swift and poppy? Dial in your dropper’s return rate with personalized pressure, courtesy of the Loam Post’s adjustable air cartridge.
MAKE IT YOURS
The Loam Post features a machined channel on the mid-cap that's home to a swappable silicone band. Each post comes with our standard Blackout Black band but we offer our full range of colors to match your bike, PNW cockpit or personal chakra aura.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
- 1 x Loam Dropper Post.
- PLEASE NOTE: No remote lever or cable kit is included.
- Take advantage of our super deal by purchasing a dropper & Loam Lever together and get a cable kit HALF PRICE by using code "PNWDROPPERKIT" at checkout!
- BUY JAGWIRE CABLE KIT
- Shorter overall post - this allows for the post to fit in a larger variety of frame designs
- Tool-less Travel Adjust - combined with the shorter overall post this guarantees more drop across a wider range of bike frames. Up to 25mm of adjustment in 5mm increments
- Adjustable Air Cartridge allowing riders to dial in and personalize the dropper's return rate
- Lightweight - on average 40 grams than its predecessor
- Features a machined channel on the mid-cap that's home to a textured silicon band. You can find our range of matching colours >here<.
- Loam posts are spec'd with 1x black silicone band out of the box. Alternative colours can be purchased >here<
- Travel Options: 125mm, 150mm, 170mm, 200mm*
- Diameter Options: 30.6mm, 31.6mm, 34.9mm
- Weight: 125 Travel - 456 grams, 150 Travel -504 grams, 170mm travel- 532 grams, 200mm Travel - 576 grams
- Air Cartridge Style: Adjustable
- Routing: Internal
- Seatpost Material: 7075 Alloy
- Lifetime warranty (warranty page)
- Lever Compatability: Compatible with all PNW Levers and most cable-actuated levers from other brands
- Find installation manuals >here<
*Make sure to measure the seat tube of your bike to ensure this post will fit. Some full suspension models with a bend or pivot placed through the seat tube can interfere with inserting the post to desired height.
HOW DOES TRAVEL ADJUST WORK?
Our travel adjust system allows for a total of 25mm travel reduction in 5mm increments. If you were riding that line between travel sizes you can now fine-tune the perfect fit by following the easy directions below:
- Begin by lowering your dropper at or below the desired travel length (just make sure it’s not fully extended!)
- Unthread the midcap with your hand and slide it up to reveal the white DU Bushing.
- You’ll see negative numbers with corresponding notches machined into the post (each # represents decreasing travel.
- Slide the DU bushing up and rotate it to align the black arrow with the amount of travel you would like to reduce, then seat the arrow into the machined groove. (Make sure it’s fit securely into these notches!)
- After pushing the DU Bushing back down, lower the midcap and hand tighten (no need to go overboard!) and ride off into the sunset with the perfect travel for you.
Reduced Overall Length
The redesigned Rainier is significantly shorter than our other posts. We scrubbed overall length of the post by minimising the size of the bottom actuator and shortening the lower tube. Overall length reductions vary by travel but we were able to knock out 27.5mm of overall length from our 125mm size. Combining all of these changes means this version of the Rainier can fit into more bikes while also maximising the amount of travel available.